I met one major goal this week (it was also my One Thing, One Week Challenge): I finished the quilt top for my Project Modern 2 quilt! Here is just a sneak peek (I’ll post pics of the whole thing once it’s completed and I’ve sent my pictures to the MQG):
2. I also finished my Christmas ornaments. This wasn’t a sewing project, but I wanted to make it a priority all the same.
I decoupaged paper onto wooden blocks after I painted the edges of the blocks gold or silver. They look old and folksy – I love ‘em! I need to get an “H” for baby-to-be, but I’m leaving that for future Jenna to deal with next Christmas.
Those are my two completed tasks. Still to go are a couple of things I mentioned last week:
1. Alison’s Birthday Pillow Covers: I haven’t cut any fabric yet, but I did sketch out my patterns!
2. Christmas Sweater Pillow Covers: no progress
Then I came up with a couple of new project ideas:
1. One last Valentine’s Day pillow inspired by this picture from Better Homes and Gardens:
2. A quilt using these fabrics (I think) for baby-to-be. I love how bright, lime green looks with the deeper teals. It’s one of my favorite color pairings right now! And since baby will be living on a little blanket in the middle of the living room for quite some time, I might as well make something that jives with the house and makes me smile.
So in summary that is:
Projects Completed: 2 (well… I completed the *top* of the red quilt. Still have to make a back, baste, quilt, bind… <sigh>).
Projects in Progress: 4
See you next time! xoxo